Thursday, November 26, 2009

About Myself

   

     I am new to the whole blogging experience, so after looking at some other blogs I decided I should write a post about some of my interests and what I do so you can get to know me a little better.  So here goes:


    I am currently residing in Carlisle, Pennsylvania.  I earn a living by means of teaching guitar, tutoring music theory, working at a restaurant, and playing out whenever I can.  I studied classical guitar at Millersville University for a year ('07 - '08) and then decided to start helping others learn the craft of music-making.

    As a musician, I mostly compose and perform in jazz or other improvisational settings.  I have been playing guitar for 9 years, and practice everyday.  I play with various groups around the central Pennsylvania region and you might occasionally see me on an outing with my bass or saxophone as well as my guitar :)

    Studying composers' and other musicians' ideas of the workings of music and harmony is a hobby of mine that also crosses over into the area of playing and composing music.  I also enjoy science and mathematics and studying the interrelation between them and music.  In fact, according to Platonism and Pythagorean philosophy, mathematics is actually derived from music.  Pretty cool, huh.  I have also come up with some conceptions and theories myself over the years, which I may get into in future posts ;)

    Here is a partial list of my influences and their respective instruments:

   This is only a partial listing of my influences, as there are many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to ask any questions you may have if you don't understand something, or challenge my ideas if you don't agree with something. I want to hear from you whether or not you liked it. I would love to debate topics and ideas with you, or just let me know what's up. Either way, I want to hear from you!