Friday, December 4, 2009

Can You Crack Elgar's Code?




      Edward Elgar was an English born composer in the late 19th/early 20th century.  He is most known for composing "Pomp and Circumstance" and the "Enigma Variations."  He was also very interested in codes and puzzles.

    The code you see above is actually a letter Elgar sent to his friend Dora Penny, who is known as Dorabella of the Enigma Variations.  This letter was, and still is, one of the greatest mysteries in cryptography.  The code remains unbroken even today, as many of the world's top cryptographers have tried and failed to crack it.

    Can you crack Elgar's code?

1 comment:

  1. I think this dude was really really high

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to ask any questions you may have if you don't understand something, or challenge my ideas if you don't agree with something. I want to hear from you whether or not you liked it. I would love to debate topics and ideas with you, or just let me know what's up. Either way, I want to hear from you!