Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year


  

    It's the end of another year, and also the end of a decade.  This is a particularly special time for me, as it marks a whole decade of a music-focused life for me.  I have learned so much since I began playing guitar 10 years ago.  At times it was overwhelming, and sometimes downright frustrating, but I persevered.  I persevered for the love of the music.  Through my determination I have met many, many great and warm individuals.  Every single person I have come in contact with in the past decade has had a role in shaping the music I create and play.  I send my thanks to these individuals.

    Usually people will look back on the year on this day and think of everything they could have done better.  I propose that instead of focusing on what you didn't do last year, focus on what you will do this coming year.  Write a masterpiece!  Play to a sold out crowd!  Meet your musical inspiration!  Reach for the impossible!  Remember, automobiles were once impossible, as was sending men into space, computers, phones, the list goes on and on.  What seems unreachable today could very likely be realized tomorrow.

    Just go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to ask any questions you may have if you don't understand something, or challenge my ideas if you don't agree with something. I want to hear from you whether or not you liked it. I would love to debate topics and ideas with you, or just let me know what's up. Either way, I want to hear from you!