Tuesday, January 19, 2010

New Trio


  

    So a few weeks ago I gathered a couple friends and started a new trio, called Almost Jazz.  I feel that the name is quite fitting based on what we have composed so far.  Everything we have worked on up to this point is original, with the exception of a John Scofield tune.  This whole project is still in its infancy, but I am excited to see where it goes.  I really like the direction the music is taking us.

    Anyway, I recorded some of our practice today and posted some songs on a fresh myspace page, which can be found at http://www.myspace.com/almostjazzz.  Mind you these are working versions meaning that they can and probably will change.  I put them up so that you might get an idea of what is to come.

    Also, I added a new track to my own myspace page, at http://www.myspace.com/brianmaag.  It is my solo on a song called Phat Dip which was also written with the new trio and recorded today.

    Support my music by checking out the links above.  Hope you enjoy.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to ask any questions you may have if you don't understand something, or challenge my ideas if you don't agree with something. I want to hear from you whether or not you liked it. I would love to debate topics and ideas with you, or just let me know what's up. Either way, I want to hear from you!